UNC Charlotte is North Carolina’s urban research university. It leverages its location in the state’s largest city to offer internationally competitive programs of research and creative activity, exemplary undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, and a focused set of community engagement initiatives. UNC Charlotte maintains a particular commitment to addressing the cultural, economic, educational, environmental, health, and social needs of the greater Charlotte region.
University Vision and Values
In fulfilling our mission, we envision a University that promises:
- An accessible and affordable quality education that equips students with intellectual and professional skills, ethical principles, and an international perspective.
- A strong foundation in liberal arts and opportunities for experiential education to enhance students’ personal and professional growth.
- A robust intellectual environment that values social and cultural diversity, free expression, collegiality, integrity, and mutual respect.
- A safe, diverse, team-oriented, ethically responsible, and respectful workplace environment that develops the professional capacities of our faculty and staff.
To achieve a leadership position in higher education, we will:
- Rigorously assess our progress toward our institutional, academic, and administrative plans using benchmarks appropriate to the goals articulated by our programs and in our plans.
- Serve as faithful stewards of the public and private resources entrusted to us and provide effective and efficient administrative services that exceed the expectations of our diverse constituencies.
- Create meaningful collaborations among university, business, and community leaders to address issues and opportunities of the region.
- Develop an infrastructure that makes learning accessible to those on campus and in our community and supports the scholarly activities of the faculty.
- Pursue opportunities to enhance personal wellness through artistic, athletic, or recreational activities.
- Operate an attractive, environmentally responsible and sustainable campus integrated with the retail and residential neighborhoods that surround us.
Approved by the Board of Governors on April 11, 2014