Meeting Date: 10/08/2013
- Decisions must be in the best long-term interest of the University as a whole (i.e., turf-based concerns need look elsewhere for support).
- Values to value include integrity, honesty, openness, candor, and absolute respect for confidentiality.
- Esse Quam Videri (North Carolina’s State Motto)—“to be rather than to seem.” (i.e., substance comes before spin).
- Consult with affected constituencies and administrators before decisions are made.
- Use Chancellor individually and Cabinet collectively as sounding boards for difficult decisions or issues.
- Open and vigorous debate and discussion prior to decisions; faithful implementation thereafter.
- Communicate and explain decisions made to constituent groups and affected administrators.
- Respond promptly and openly to inquiries from the Board of Governors and Board of Trustees, General Administration, elected representatives, and the media (but keep Chancellor and other affected administrators informed).
- Listen positively; avoid defensive responses to criticism from on- or off-campus constituencies.
- “Walk the Talk”—words must be backed by actions and behaviors.
Exemplary in Execution
- Details Matter—in all that we do, aspire to exemplary execution and to representing UNC Charlotte in a first-class and professional manner.
- "Uni-versity"—operate as a seamless institution, with integrated administrative procedures, services, and communications when serving our internal and external constituents.